The culture of Blind Country is largely determined by the community members and the teams of volunteers and helpers that contribute to its evolution.
There is not always a clear division between Blind Country and the Blind Country community as there are many areas of overlap and collaboration. Our aim is to have the positive Blind Country corporate culture bleed over into the Blind Country community, making it an enjoyable and rewarding place for its members to belong.
At Blind Country our values are:
- People are Important: We trust and believe in our people as the foundation of our success. It is our intention to unleash people’s potential so they can contribute something meaningful with their talents. We are kind and respectful to one another, and value each other's quirks.
- Honest: We aim for open, honest and transparent communication with all parties and foster an environment where second-rate decisions are challenged.
- Customer Focused: We are generous, courteous and listen to our customers whenever possible. It is always possible.
- Fun: We understand that our work really is changing the world, and we also understand this is best accomplished in a vibrant and joyous environment.
- Flexible: We recognise that special arrangements are sometimes necessary for people to produce their best work. We provide freedom and flexibility in exchange for consistently high performance.
- Accountable: We each take personal responsibility for the execution of our duties in a professional manner and communicate early and clearly when agreed targets are unable to be met.
- Improvement: Because we are a learning organisation we aren’t embarrassed by our mistakes. We communicate and learn from them so we can grow in our jobs.
- Results Matter: We focus on working together to build the best possible solutions for our clients and the best possible business and working environment for ourselves.